INTERESTING INFORMATION ABOUT ELEPHANTS..


While watching cartoons my little sis turn into me and asked me to tell about elephants.She was curious to know about them.But I had a bit a little knowledge about elephants .So,I promised her to tell about elephants the next day and she stared at me for a while and said :okay,but don"t forget.Now I had a task to know about elephants.I googled all the basic information and kept in my mind .Next day she was in front of me having so many interesting questions and i started telling her this interesting knowledge .
Elephants are the first largest land mammal.The largest elephant on record was a male elephant who weighed approximately 10,886 kilograms and stood 13 feet tall at the shoulder.It was really interesting .
AFRICAN ELEPHANT
Then I told her that there are two types of elephants .The Asian elephant and African elephant.The African elephants are the largest and are classified further into two species.The African forest elephants and African bush elephants,they grow up to 13 feet tall and weigh 2,268 to 6,350 kilograms.
ASIAN ELEPHANT

Asian elephants can grow up to 10 feet tall and weigh about 2,041 to 4,990 kilograms, then my sister asked me about the food they eat.I told her that elephants are herbivores mean the animals that feed on plants.They eat almost any thing like leaves , grass , barks , twigs , bushes , shrubs , fruits and flowers.They eat a lot of food as the size of their body.African elephants eat as much as about 300 kilograms per day.The smaller Asian eat less about 150 kilograms per a day.The most amazing fact about them is that they drink around 210 liters of water a day.Can you think that animals swim.My little sister was astonished to heard this.Yes,it"s a surprising fact about them.They are excellent swimmers.They enjoy playing in water.They swim completely submerged with their heads above the water and use their four legs to paddle.They use their trunks as a snorkel to breath in deep water.
In between this conversation my little sister ask me.Curiously to tell about a baby elephant.
BABY ELEPHANT
I told her that at the time of birth a baby elephant weigh about 90 kilograms .
It is about 3 feet tall.It is very innocent.It can not see very well at the start but can recognize its mother by touch smell and sound.Another interesting facts about elephants is that they are considered as very intelligent and social animals.They can be trained very easily.Their brain is 3 to 4 times larger than that of human beings,although smaller as compared to their body weight.It you have observed,they are very friendly in nature.
They have greeting, ceremonies ,when a friend who has been away for a long time,comes to meet them.They cry, play,hug and laugh.
She found this information more interesting and shared with her friends,will you???....

Comments

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS HERE: