WHAT IS THE BEST ANSWER TO THE INTERVIEW QUESTION:"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF".

   

If a man is called to be a street sweeper,
he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted,
or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry.
He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts
of heaven and earth will pause to say,
here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.
 

                                                              —Martin Luther King



"All your dreams come true if you have the courage to pursue them"

                                                                                     -Walt Disney 


     While getting a job we all go through a phenomenon of the interview. Sometimes by smart intelligence, we get through it and sometimes not using these tricks which are essential for us to apply but, we don't and that is why we don't get through our interview. Basically, after the initial intelligence or academic test, the interview is the personality and mental status test. It tells about you how much ability you have to cope with any situation. How much you have prepared yourself with your mental assumption. It tells about you that, are you able or the right man for the right position. If you have proved yourself at that round then, there is no barrier in your way in achieving that job. Actually, the interviewer wants to determine the seniority in you which is required for the post.
If you failed to get through this interview, does not mean that you failed in all the interviews or you are not able to qualify the other interviews. May be your performance and your preparation does not match this interview, perhaps it is perfect for another interview.
In every interview, the interviewer asks initiatively this question rather than any academic question: "Tell me about yourself"? 


    The point to think is that, why the interviewer wants to ask from you this basic introducing question, even he has your resume in which your biodata is explained in a good manner,  then why is this question asked??
The answer to this question is; because the interviewer wants to check :
* Your communication skill.
* How do you present yourself.
* your confidence level.
If you give a good answer to this question then definitely you will create a positive way to the interview. You have to answer this question in a very well manner.
Here are some steps, if you follow these steps it will make easy your next steps of the interview:
1:Start yourself with 1 sentence introduction saying: Who are you.
2:Tell 3 to 5  sentences about your achievements.
3: Tell me about why you need this job.
Let's see how to answer:

1:Start yourself with 1 sentence introduction saying who are you:

"I am an English teacher with two years of experience in a well known public school".
If you are a fresher, then tell me about you like that: "I have recently graduated in computer engineering ".

2:Tell 3-5 sentences about your achievements :

Tell why you are the right man to fit in this job. It is the most important time to impress the interviewer.
1: As I have specialized in English teaching to corporate executives and professionals.
2:I have taught in a well-known college and many of my students following me as ideal.
3; Many new teachers come to me and learn much from me.
If you are a fresher then say:
As I have studied Computer engineering I think I can handle this post more efficiently.

3:Talk about why you need this job:

Tell that :
I have not issued with my current job and I am happy with my current job but I am looking for a more productive role that suits my skills and ability to grow further. I always ready to take new challenges required to perform better.
SUCCESS
Hope these steps will help you to get your job. Wish you the best of luck.

   

Comments

Post a Comment

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS HERE: